Junior Volunteer Program
Do you know someone between the ages of 15–18 who is interested in the medical field or looking for a way to give back to the community? Enrolling as a junior volunteer at San Joaquin Community Hospital (SJCH) could be the program for them!
SJCH offers three Junior Volunteer sessions per year, which run concurrently to the school year.
Junior Volunteers must:
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5
- Provide a copy of current school transcripts or report card
- Have a recommendation from a non-related adult with the completed form
- Wear the Junior Volunteer uniform ($25 cost)
- Attend the mandatory orientation sessions
- Smile and have a great time!
No former volunteer experience is required. However, we expect all junior volunteers to be mature, dependable and committed to their duties.
If you are interested in becoming a Junior Volunteer, applications are available in local high school career centers and activities offices, and also in the SJCH Gift Gallery. All applications must be complete and accompanied by a copy of your current transcript or report card. Due to the high volume of applications, incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
For more information, please call Volunteer Services at 661–869–6559.