Grossman Burn Center
Before 2009, Kern County residents in need of specialized burn care had to travel more than 100 miles — either north to Fresno or south to Los Angeles — for treatment. That all changed when San Joaquin Community Hospital (SJCH) partnered with Los Angeles-based Grossman Burn Centers (GBC) to bring a full-treatment burn center to Bakersfield. Now, all residents — from kindergarteners to firefighters — can have piece of mind knowing the best burn care is right here in their hometown.
The Grossman Burn Center at SJCH provides:
- Full-treatment burn care at our four-bed inpatient center.
- Outpatient rehabilitation and treatment at The Aera Clinic.
- State-of-the-art technology, including a hydrotherapy suite.
- World-renowned caregivers and plastic surgeons.
- Ongoing support groups and psychological care.
- Community education on burn prevention and treatment.
- Financial assistance for child burn victims through The Chevron Fund.
If you or a loved one gets burned, it's important to act fast. Cool the burn with cold water and contact Bakersfield's only full-treatment Burn Center.
Grossman Burn Center (Inpatient): 661–869–6135 (use this number after hours for all burn injuries)
The Aera Clinc Grossman Burn Center (Outpatient): 661–869–6130
Because of SJCH: Matthew LottsBecause of SJCH: Matthew Lotts
Conditions We Treat
It's important to know the difference between burns, and how to treat them. Click the links below to learn about the different kinds of burns we treat.
Treatments We Offer
We employ world-class burn treatments, for all types of burns. Learn more about burn treatment by clicking one of the links below.