The San Joaquin Community Hospital Foundation exists to advance the hospital’s mission through philanthropy. Generous contributions from individuals and businesses throughout the community helps support these efforts on an annual basis.
In 2013, the Foundation is focused on elevating the level and quality of healthcare available to residents in Kern County by:
- Funding a transportation program that ensures patients will be able to travel to and from appointments at The AIS Cancer Center at SJCH.
- Providing cancer-preventing vaccines to children who are at risk.
- Delivering world-class burn care to children whose families are unable to pay for treatment, utlizing the Chevron Fund.
- Creating opportunities for caregivers to participate in continuing education.
- Bolstering many other existing hospital programs and services to meet the growing needs of our community.
The Impact of the SJCH Foundation
- $5,993,860 in community support to help build a comprehensive, hospital-based cancer center on our campus.
- 20 percent of cancer patients who will now have a world-class option for care right here in Bakersfield.
- 240 premature infants' lives were enhanced by the addition of new medical technologies and services last year alone.
- 3,000 babies born in our Maternity Center will have a healthy start in life through a breastfeeding program made possible by local and national grant funding
- 70,000 children in Kern County have been vaccinated through the Children's Mobile Immunization Program at SJCH
- Over 1,500 patients treated at the Grossman Burn Center at SJCH since it opened in 2009
- 42 percent of GBC patients are children who benefitted from immediate treatment for burns
- Over 2,400 employees, physicians and volunteers who are better able to do Sacred Work every day.
Learn more about our departments and programs by clicking one of the sections below or make an online donation
to help us continue to provide outstanding healthcare to our friends and neighbors in Kern County.
Support the SJCH Foundation through our 2013 Golf Tournament!